Women at Harris
…are empowered. The Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) was conceived four years ago as a result of a collaboration by women leaders at Harris. Its goal is to develop, connect, and empower women at Harris.
Read more about Harris Chairman, President and CEO Bill Brown's commitment to supporting women at Harris in his LinkedIn post, "Unlocking our full potential".
Women's Leadership Conference
Bill Brown and the Harris leadership team are committed to develop, promote, and provide opportunities to female leaders at the same rate as their male counterparts. This message rang loud and clear during this year's Women's Leadership Conference. Nearly 200 employees attended the two-day event, which featured a variety of successful leaders in different industries and networking opportunities.
Harris Leadership Minute Series
The WLI’s Leadership Minute series features the stories of Harris women executives, highlighting their successes and challenges in their individual journeys to navigate through personal and professional priorities.
Initiatives to support women at Harris include:
- Speaker series featuring internal and external speakers and webinars in partnership with Women in Aerospace
- Women@Harris Network social networking group
- Lean In Circles peer mentoring forum
- Women’s Leadership Conference providing women leaders an opportunity to engage with the CEO and other senior leadership, enhance their professional development, and build their network
- Women’s Interactive Network (WIN) Employee Resource Group, with employees across four chapters, which host professional development forums, local networking events, and community outreach activities
- Accommodations for expectant and working mothers, including enhanced seclusion rooms for nursing mothers and expectant mother parking spots
- Paid Parental Leave beyond medical leave and other paid time off
“Diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and the success and vibrancy of Harris. We understand that leveraging the unique perspectives and talents of our employees is key to delivering innovative products and solutions, and to sustaining long-term success. I am proud that Harris is a place where everyone is treated with respect and courtesy, and has every opportunity to succeed.”
Harris Chairman, President and CEO
Please visit this page often for more Leadership Minute updates and follow us on social media (#WomenAtHarris).