Women at Harris
…are empowered. As a company that firmly believes values must be actioned, Harris has introduced many initiatives aimed at fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. The Harris Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI), for example, was as a result of a collaboration by women leaders with the goal to develop, connect, and empower women at Harris.
As a result, over the past six years, representation of women executives has doubled to more than one-third of our senior leadership team. Harris’ retention rate for women is better than the industry average, and within our new college graduate and intern pool, about one-third are women and 40 percent are people of color.
Read more about Harris Chairman, President and CEO Bill Brown's commitment to supporting women at Harris in his LinkedIn article, "Unlocking our full potential."
Harris Leadership Minute Series
The WLI’s Leadership Minute series features the stories of Harris women executives, highlighting their successes and challenges in their individual journeys to navigate through personal and professional priorities.
Initiatives to support women at Harris include:
- Speaker series featuring internal and external speakers and webinars in partnership with Women in Aerospace
- Women@Harris Network social networking group
- Lean In Circles peer mentoring forum
- Women’s Leadership Conference providing women leaders an opportunity to engage with the CEO and other senior leadership, enhance their professional development, and build their network
- Women’s Interactive Network (WIN) Employee Resource Group, with employees across four chapters, which host professional development forums, local networking events, and community outreach activities
- Accommodations for expectant and working mothers, including enhanced seclusion rooms for nursing mothers and expectant mother parking spots
- Paid Parental Leave beyond medical leave and other paid time off
Women's Leadership Conference
Bill Brown and the Harris leadership team are committed to develop, promote, and provide opportunities to female leaders at the same rate as their male counterparts. This message rang loud and clear during this year's Women's Leadership Conference. Nearly 200 employees attended the two-day event, which featured a variety of successful leaders in different industries and networking opportunities.
In May, the Women's Leadership Initiative hosted the fourth leadership conference for Harris female leaders. Check out this video for a brief recap of the amazing event.
Engaging and Investing in our Early Career Workforce
Abbey Buckenheimer, supporting Corporate Strategy at Harris, has been working to spread a valuable message across the company, to leadership and employees alike: engage and invest in your early career workforce.
Abbey spoke at length about the opportunities she has been afforded in her career thanks to attentive and invested leaders, and ways she believes her generation best contributes to company innovation.
“Diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and the success and vibrancy of Harris. We understand that leveraging the unique perspectives and talents of our employees is key to delivering innovative products and solutions, and to sustaining long-term success. I am proud that Harris is a place where everyone is treated with respect and courtesy, and has every opportunity to succeed.”
Harris Chairman, President and CEO
Please visit this page often for more Leadership Minute updates and follow us on social media (#WomenAtHarris).