ION GNSS+ 2019
Sponsored by the Institute of Navigation (ION) Satellite Division, ION GNSS+ is the world's largest technical meeting and showcase of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technology, products and services. Through this forum, international leaders in GNSS and related positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) fields come together to present new research, introduce new technologies, discuss current policy, demonstrate products and exchange ideas. ION GNSS+ 2019 is being held September 16-20 at the Hyatt Regency Miami in Miami, Florida.
L3HARRIS: ADVANCING PNT AND THE GPS MISSION
For more than 40 years, L3Harris’ satellite payloads and subsystems have enabled the U.S. Air Force GPS mission.
- L3Harris’ signal waveform expertise is behind the system’s ongoing availability, accuracy and integrity.
- Our new GPS Mission Data Unit is 70% digital and offers excellent performance, exceeding Air Force requirements.
- L3Harris’ atomic timekeeping systems have flown on 20 GPS satellites and are recognized as the most accurate ever flown.
- We are developing and integrating the satellite navigation payloads for the next generation of GPS and providing the key navigation processing elements and precision monitor station receivers for the GPS Operational Control System (OCX) program.
- We are the leader in signal encryption and M-code, the name given to a signal designed to improve both the security and anti-jamming properties of military GPS navigation.
- L3Harris research and development investments are leading to the next-generation, fully digital navigation payload for future satellites.
- L3Harris fully supports the overall PNT system by offering user equipment such as multi-element Controlled Reception Pattern Antenna (CRPA) GPS antenna arrays for multiple platforms.
- L3Harris CRPA deployments include fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, including transports and fighter aircraft, as well as weapons.
WOMEN IN PNT ROUNDTABLE
In conjunction with the meeting, L3Harris is sponsoring the reception for ION’s Women in PNT roundtable discussions on Thursday, September 19, from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm in the Hibiscus Room. Kelly Garcia, L3Harris senior operations manager, will represent L3Harris in the informal discussions, which are formatted to promote intimate thought-provoking discussions on a variety of topics important to women in PNT.
Garcia leads a team of 70 manufacturing engineers, technicians, production planners, test engineers and product managers at L3Harris. Her responsibilities include all hardware production on GPS Block IIIA, OCX and Block IIIF. Previously, she served as the integrated product team lead for the GPS III Mission Data Unit.