Harris Corporation Introduces Enhanced Converged LMR-LTE Solutions and Infrastructure Managed Services at IACP 2018
- Harris Unified Vehicle now equipped with LTE capabilities
- Software upgrades for XL family of radios adds P25 standards-based GPS location services
- New broadband and infrastructure managed service offerings reduce total cost of ownership
(Harris Booth #1501) — Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has introduced additional enhancements and services to its expanding portfolio of converged solutions that further extend its industry leadership in converged LTE/Land Mobile Radio technologies. The announcement was made at the International Association of Chiefs of Police conference October 7-9 in Orlando (Booth #1501).
The portfolio enhancements include:
- LTE broadband capabilities for Harris Unified Vehicle, powered by Tait: enables first responders to deploy a vehicular-area-network on the move, with certification on major U.S. carriers anticipated by the end of 2018.
- New XL portable radio family software release: includes multiple user interface improvements that simplify navigation and adds P25 standard Tier 2 GPS messages for location services.
- Broadband managed services for LTE-enabled devices: offers public safety agencies affordable converged devices and easy-to-deploy data services through nationwide LTE carriers, including broadband data that can be shared with users and a cloud-based management portal to view key information and manage data, reducing overall data costs for the customer.
- Infrastructure managed services: maximizes customer investments through preventative maintenance, system upgrades, information assurance updates and cybersecurity scans. The program can be tailored for a system’s specific needs, offering three different tiers of service and a long-term lifecycle maintenance option.
In addition to the new offerings and expanded portfolio, the Harris booth #1501 will feature demonstrations of Harris’ interoperable and future-ready solutions that help users gather data from the edge, improve situational awareness and stay connected to mission-critical applications.
Harris Public Safety and Professional Communications is a leading supplier of communications systems and equipment for public safety, federal, utility, commercial and transportation markets. The business has more than 80 years of experience in public safety and professional communications and supports more than 500 systems around the world.
About Harris Corporation
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Electronic Systems and Space and Intelligence Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
# # #