Harris performs all acousto-optics research, design, development and testing of new solutions in-house. With a heavy investment in state-of-the-art optical communications and electronic equipment, we have the right tools for the job. Our facilites feature ten optics laboratories, three electronic laboratories, and over 4,000 square feet of optical component fabrication facilities enabling grinding, polishing, optical surface metrology, vacuum-deposition, reactive-ion milling and bonding, and high-precision, specialty machining. In combination with work performed for the government and other commercial companies, Harris independently researches new solutions for the telecom and defense industries.
Commercial Acousto-Optic Modulator Products
- Model H-501 Series 8-Channel UV Acousto-Optic Modulator
- Model H-601 Series 32-Channel UV Acousto-Optic Modulator
- Model H-401 RF Phase Modulation Capable Acousto-Optic Modulator – Fused silica (SiO2) device that provides high efficiency diffraction
- Model H-411 RF Phase Modulation Capable Acousto-Optic Modulator – Tellurium dioxide (TeO2) device
- Model H-412 RF Phase Modulation Capable Acousto-Optic Modulator – Tellurium dioxide (TeO2) device with greater bandwidth and modulation capability
- Model H-401D Acousto-Optic Modulator Driver - Allows flexible operation of the H-400 Series devices in either RF Phase Modulation mode or in conventional RF pulse “On/Off” AM Modulation Mode.
Cavity Dumpers (Pulse Pickers)
High-speed, Brewster-windowed devices designed to support pulse-picking and mode-locking applications.
- Model H-101 Acousto-Optic Modulator – SiO2 device that supports applications requiring higher optical power-handling capability than is available with single crystal devices offering similar modulation capability.
- Model H-111 Acousto-Optic Modulator – TeO2 device that supports applications requiring higher diffraction throughput efficiency than is possible with fused silica devices offering similar modulation capability.