Harris AN/AVS-6 Aviator's Night Vision Imaging Systems
The Harris Aviator's Night Vision Imaging System (ANVIS) enables rotary-wing aviators to conduct night operations during the darkest nights. In use by rotary-wing units around the world, ANVIS offers high reliability and performance. The lightweight binocular can be mounted to a variety of aviator helmets, including the SPH-4B, HGU-56P, and Alpha.
- Gen 3 performance offers optimum resolution, high gain, and photoresponse to near infrared.
- Optional clip-on power source allows ANVIS usage without helmet.
- Independent eye-span adjustment and 25-mm eye relief eyepiece accommodate eyeglasses and other individual physical characteristics.
- Low-profile battery pack improves head mobility for aviator while in cockpit.
- "Minus-blue" objective lens filter screens glare from cockpit instrument lighting.
- Other features include automatic brightness control, flip-up stowage, durable, "soft-sided" carrying case.