Harris AN/AVS-9 Aviator's Night Vision Imaging Systems
Aviation night vision goggles
The F4949 (AN/AVS-9) night vision system has continually improved and is now designated the AN/AVS 9(V) by the U.S. Government.
Rotary-wing versions of the F4949 feature a rear-mounted, low-profile battery pack using four AA alkaline batteries that allow operation for more than 50 hours. Power is provided by a cable extending from the battery pack, over the helmet and into a connector in the mount.
Fixed-wing versions feature a front-mounted battery pack using two 1/2 AA lithium batteries that provide over 16 hours of operational life. If pilot ejection is not a consideration, an optional battery pack adapter connects the fixed-wing F4949 to the rear-mounted battery pack, providing the same operational time as the rotary-wing version. An optional clip-on power source allows hand-held operation of the binocular without use of a flight helmet.
- Generation 3 tube performance offering high resolution, high gain, photoresponse to near infrared and exceptional reliability.
- Class A, B, C, and UK 645 minus-blue filters for objective lens available to suit all types of cockpit lighting, including color displays and fighter HUDs.
- Helmet mount configurations designed for fixed-wing and rotary-wing applications, adapting to most aviator helmets. (U.S. HGU-55/P, HGU-56/P, HGU-84/P, SPH-4HF, SPH-4B, SPH-5; British Alpha 202, and Mk4; French OS and CGF). Other mounts available upon request.
- 25-mm eye-relief eyepieces easily accommodate eyeglasses
- Low-profile battery pack improves aviator head mobility and increases battery life
- Other features include flip-up/flip-down capability, simple binocular attachment, individual interpupillary adjustments, tilt, vertical and fore-aft adjustments to fit all aviators.