L3Harris AN/VRC-118(V)1 Mid-tier Networking Vehicular Radio (MNVR)
Soldier Radio Waveform and Wideband Networking Waveform Capable
The MNVR utilizes two high-bandwidth waveforms—the Soldier Radio Waveform and the Wideband Networking Waveform—to increase overall connectivity and network capability by operating as a node. This allows mission-critical information to hop from one AN/VRC-118(V)1 MNVR to another, finding the best route between sender and receiver. The MNVR also uses retransmission for beyond-line-of-sight communications in SATCOM-denied environments where foliage, terrain and distance impact transmissions.
- Provides both unclassified and up to Secret networked voice and data
- Interoperable with Falcon®, SINCGARS and other legacy radio systems
- Provides a terrestrial data path if/when SATCOM is denied
- SRW-WNW cross-banding connects CO & PLT to BN & BDE
- Will exchange mission-critical data with Army Aviation platforms via the Airborne Maritime Fixed Station (AMF) Small Airborne Networking Radio (SANR)