High Dynamic Range Feedforward Amplifiers
High Dynamic Range Feedforward Amplifiers are used as HF antenna preamplifiers and antenna multicoupler amplifiers. Covering a frequency range of 1.5 to 32 MHz (optionally 1.5 to 88 MHz), these 2.4" x 3" x 7" amplifiers replace 75 to 100 W conventional technology amplifiers. High intercept points (+118 dBm OIP2 typ., +62 dBm OIP3 typ.) are obtained at a low DC power consumption of 18 W using feedforward amplifier technology. Gains of 11 to 23 dB are available at a noise figure of 5 dB typ. This is a mature design with over 3,000 units fielded.
Capabilities of our High Dynamic Range Feedforward Amplifiers
- Operating frequency: 1.5 to 32 MHz (optionally 1.5 to 88 MHz)
- High intercept points: +118 dBm OIP2 typ., +62 dBm OIP3 typ.
- Linear phase response
- Gains: 11 to 23 dB
- Noise figure: 4.5 dB typ.
- Low power dissipation of 18 W
Features of our High Dynamic Range Feedforward Amplifiers
- HF antenna preamplifier (no pre-selection required)
- Replaces 75 to 100 W conventional amplifiers with low DC power consumption (only 18 W required for feedforward technique)
- Used in multicoupler and high dynamic range receiver applications
- Ruggedized/outdoor versions available
- High MTBF
- Lightning protection
- 50 ohms system impedance