MapMerger™ Geospatial Vector Conflation
Harris MapMerger™ geospatial conflation tool accurately merges vector content of the same feature type by automating common tasks. The tool resolves vector data conflicts in seconds by updating alignment conflicts and transferring metadata and attributes to the newly integrated data. MapMerger™ can be used as an extension of ESRI’s ArcGIS.
- Match strategy – allows users to select tailored parameters for your dataset and stores the preferences to be applied to additional datasets.
- Metadata – records and recalls conflation experience of every point, line, or polygon that is processed.
- Auto-tiling – divides larger areas into “tiles” so more than one person can work on a part of the larger areas at the same time.
- Algorithms – applies real-world tested algorithms to precisely position the data points, lines, and polygons in the newly created, customized, fit-for-purpose datasets post conflation.
- Spatial accuracy – prevents distortion to the absolute ground position of the assets. There are no jointables to conflate using this solution.
Sometimes referred to as a "spatial join" on steroids, MapMerger™ transfers attributes from an attribute-rich map to a map with better geometry.
MapMerger™ connects and adds features that exist in one map to another map where they did not originally exist, resulting in a contextually richer map.
MapMerger™ precisely aligns features in two overlapping maps by ensuring that matching features share the same geometry. The tool can also realign network assets to correlate with a more accurate basemap.
Click here for software licensing information.