Public Safety and Professional Communications
Leveraging the latest technologies, listening and responding to customers' needs, and constantly seeking ways to improve is who we are. It shows in the value we provide today and in the progress we're making for tomorrow to aid law enforcement, fire, EMS, government, utilities, education and professional communications in successfully performing their duties.
We provide a wide variety of mission-critical communication solutions—including mobile and portable radios—to industry, federal, state and local government agencies. With several decades of focus in mission-critical systems, our experience shows in our many innovative communication platforms and first-of-kind successes:
- XL-200P first full-spectrum, LTE-ready multiband radio
- First manufacturer to deploy fully virtualized and redundant LMR network core
- First to demonstrate Band 14 deployable public safety mobile broadband solution via satellite
- First P25-based Push-to-Talk application over broadband
Reduce downtime and even cost. With Harris Managed and Support Services, you get the confidence of ongoing infrastructure monitoring and support from the team First Responders trust. Learn more about Tiered Services, Customer Care, and Technology Training.
It’s that kind of innovative thinking that leads customers to choose the benefits that Harris ISO- compliant products, services and technologies have to offer.
- More than 500 trunked radio systems successfully deployed, including State of Maine, State of Florida, State of Nevada and new state and province-wide communications contracts for the Province of Alberta, Province of Saskatchewan, State of Oregon, State of Delaware
- Large, wide-area and multi-state Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems deployed for some of the nation’s largest utility companies
- The U.S. Department of Defense Joint-National Capitol Region network in the Washington D.C. area deployed a wide-area, IP-based P25 network that provides the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps with wireless communication on base and throughout the Capitol Region