Space Payloads and Electronics
The competitive landscape is changing for our space customers. Time-to-market standards are being redefined, demand for affordable space access is soaring and the pace of doing business is faster than ever. At Harris, we are committed to helping our customers find innovative ways to get payloads into space more quickly and affordably.
We are accomplishing this by:
- Brokering more satellite hosting opportunities than anyone else in the world
- Using our network of satellite partners in a multitude of markets
- Designing, developing and integrating platform-optimized sensor payloads that provide mission solutions more quickly and affordably
- Leveraging highly capable and low size, weight, and power imaging and radio frequency antenna sensor technologies into reconfigurable mission payloads
- Integrating mission payloads into both small satellite and host platforms to provide end to end mission solutions
Our modular reconfigurable payload designs accelerate non-recurring engineering cycle times and reduce payload complexity and cost. We produce these solutions quickly using our world-class, high-volume manufacturing facilities. Applying our engineering and business expertise, we create unique solutions that meet the needs of customers.
Harris has developed some of the most trusted “eyes from space” with our high-end optics, patented structures and outstanding image quality. Our flexible and configurable SpaceView™ imaging systems offer diverse sensor capabilities and a broad spectral range to support multiple missions. Our HyperCube™ smallsat solution delivers frequent measurements of global tropospheric wind profiles. And our high-efficiency radio frequency antennas for smallsats are able to deliver capability and performance that rival those of larger satellites.